Destined to be one of the coastal South’s most distinguished golf courses, Brunswick Forest’s Cape Fear National® offers 18 holes of championship golf in a setting of unmatched beauty.
At Cape Fear National, golf course architect Tim Cate has designed a playing field as dramatic as the landscape itself.
Magnificent forests of mature oaks, maples, pines and magnolias create the old-world ambiance of some of the Southeast’s most seasoned courses.
The Cape Fear National Golf Course winds through heavily undulating land and features several bridges through wetlands, three waterfalls and beach bunkers, all flanked by native grasses and wildflowers, adding to the course’s considerable aesthetics. Each hole is laid out to dazzle the eye and challenge golfers at every level.
Cape Fear National Golf Course Architect Tim Cate
Tim Cate is a renowned and revered golf course architect, registered landscape architect, and land planner based in Sunset Beach, NC. With more than 23 years of experience in these professions, he has always been associated with people and projects of high standards and quality. Through total dedication and attention to detail, his golf courses, including the Cape Fear National Golf Course, are recognized as premium facilities.
Awards and Accolades
- Named to ‘Best Residential Golf Course’ list, by Golfweek, 2013
- Named a ‘Top 10 Best Course You Can Play in NC, by Golfweek Magazine, 2012
- Named a “Top 50 Best Master-Planned Community in the U.S.,” by Where to Retire, 2011
- Named a ‘Top 10 Best New Course’, by GOLF Magazine, 2010
- Named a ‘Best New Course’, by LINKS Magazine, 2010
- Named a ‘Best New Course,’ by Golfweek, 2010
- “#41 Top 100 Public Course in the U.S.” – Golf Magazine
- “Top 100 Fairways in the U.S.” –Golf for Women Magazine
- “4 ½ Stars” – Golf Digest – Places to Play